Friday, August 13, 2010

This month must have wings...

Because it's seriously flying by! Maybe because we are so busy getting things ready for the wedding, but it's kind of sad to think Summer is almost ready to "peace out."

We are in crunch mode with Wedding stuff. Right now, we are working on table seating, which is pretty much the crappiest puzzle everrrr.:) We're trying not to stress about it, but me not stress? Impossible :) I found out this week my good friend, Lauren, can't come up for the wedding :( She was a bridesmaid and was pretty much my rock in Hawaii. Even though Ill miss her, I totally understand. She's very preggo right now and they just moved to Maryland. Her husband whos a marine,just started a new assignment and he can't get the day of the wedding off, which means they would have to drive up that day, with their two year old little girl. Just wouldn't work out. But I joked with her that I might photoshop her into the wedding pictures :)

This post was originally going to be a "copy and paste" of a friend's email. She sent it a few weeks ago, venting about comments she received at a bbq regarding her struggles with pregnancy, etc. I asked her if I could put it on my blog, because it was funny (well not funny) because a lot of the comments were hurtful, annoying and downright rude. Comments a lot of us IF girls hear quite often. But me with wedding brain and due date blues, accidently erased the email...

It's amazing though how insensitive people can be. And sometimes it's not fair for us to just assume they are complete asses. Before I struggled with IF, I'm pretty sure I probably made a comment or two to a friend or a random person I'd meet, like " When are you guys having kids?!" Or something to that effect. And now I feel like a jerk because those people could have been dealing with infertility...and I could have been that person they wanted to punch in the mouth. I love the quote I have on my FB page. I heard/read it somewhere and it really hit me. "Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

So true.

I met a friend for dinner this week, up at a bar & grill near my work. We had a fun time laughing and chatting about this and that. She's dealing with similar issues as I, so it was nice to vent about the good things going on but the obvious sucky things too. While we were eating dinner, music was blasting from a jukebox that a drunk woman was unfortunately in control of. We saw two guys sitting at the bar, one was congratulating the other and they clinked their beers. One of the men had a hospital bracelet on and a really nice camera sitting on the bar near them. The place we were eating at was right across from the hospital. My friend overheard them talking and the one guy's wife just had a baby. He was celebrating the birth of his child. And we were jealous and sad. Happy and "awww-ing" for his situation. But sad for us. We wanted that. We want a hospital bracelet and a camera full of newborn pictures. We want our guys, happy, proud, excited with first-time-father feeling. A few minutes later, my "theme" song came out of no where. Michael Buble's "Haven't Met You Yet." My friend got excited and said, " It's your song!" :) Thank you drunk lady for lifting our spirits just by pressing "play." I love moments like that. Where something happens at just the right time. Our next thought, for the new dad at the bar was " Get your ass back to the hospital to be with your wife and baby!" :)

Note to soon to be hubby: If you are in a bar anytime during childbirth or shortly after, they may have to come up with a new definition for the phrase "pissed off." But I know my man, and I know he wouldn't leave our side :)

I've been trying not to think about "cycle" stuff this month. I wanted to be able to just focus on the wedding and be happy. And I think it's working! I think we are going to start treatments again in September. If need be, that is. Then Ill be on Matt's insurance, which is better than mine. Although, I'm concerned because that cycle probably won't start until late September and go into October..and we'll be on our honeymoon! So, Im not sure how that will work out with monitoring and all that. Plus, we wanted to try an IUI, so that complicates things a bit. I guess I'll just try to think positive and hope that it all works out somehow. I definitely do not want to wait until October to try again. That's for sure.

It's Friday the 13th. Found out today that the twin IVF girls in my class, were born on Friday the 13th. I'm a sign girl, and this makes me want to pee on a stick tonight. Because maybe Friday the 13th isn't all about "bad things." There's obviously good happenings too, like the twins. But you know what, I'm not going to poas, because if it's negative, I'll blame this "superstitious" day. And I don't want to be pissed off at another day on the calendar...


Have a good weekend everyone :)

No comments: