Monday, September 27, 2010

My ovaries are sooooo lazy.

Today, was a bad Monday. I know it could have been way worse, but it was still bad. I was really really tired and it poured here all day. I had my appointment early this morning. I was actually excited to go because I have been mentally and emotionally preparing myself for this IUI the past few days. At my last appointment I was told that it would probably be Tuesday or Wednesday. But that's not going to be the case now.

The nurse who drew my blood might as well have taken a rusty seraded kitchen knife and cut my arm, letting the blood just drip into the vile. She was as nice as could be, but oh man! She jammed the needle in. I have been so impressed with this clinic with their blood drawing abilities (never hurts!) up until today. And then confusion came when the tech was measuring my follies. Last week a different tech said I had a "ton" of follies on one side and two or so on the other. That was such promising news! And then today the tech said I had three. JUST THREE??!! Two of them at about a 9 and one at a 10. Last cycle when I did Femara, I just had one but it was at 19! I was just so let down. And confused. How could I go from having a "ton" to three? Did some just stop growing?! I didnt ask the nurse why that was, because I guess I was just in shock that the IUI would not be happening tomorrow. Luckily, I have a friend who used to be an IF nurse and she's been helping me undertstand the technical stuff.

So, here I sit waiting for these follies to grow nice and HUGE! I have an appt on Thursday and Im praying for some good news. Then the IUI will likely be Friday or Saturday.

Oh and I hurt my arm last week picking up a really big kid in our class. Had to go for an xray and found I have tendonitis in my arm which was aggravated by picking up the big kid. It was so painful, but they gave me some drugs to help and I think it's slowly getting better. I asked the nurse to take my bp today on the opposite arm, after telling her what happened with it. She then went on to say that she knows what it's like picking up a big kid, because her niece is a little "heffer". Yes, those were her exact words. Kind of funny, but at the same time I was thinking " Wow, she just called her niece a heffer." :)

Then, to end my Monday, I had to go pick up pre natal vitamins from the pharmacy after work. I pretty much dislike having to go and do that, because I feel like a fraud. I feel like the cashier is thinking "Awww she must be pregnant" and I want to just scream out loud "NOPE, not preggs people." I guess it just makes me sad to have to take these, when theres no baby...

So thanks, Monday, for bursting my happy hope bubble. Thursday, you better be good to me...

Please.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Maybe it's even better that you have 3 good follicles this time. I know that's frustrating though after hearing about having "tons". Hoping the week gets a lot better from here!