- On the 3rd we took Samantha to Boston to have a specialist look at her Hemangioma. We thought the ride was going to be a rough one, since Sam hates the car. But she surprised us and did pretty well overall. On the way home I did have to sit in the back with her for a bit and play some Elmo DVD's on the portable DVD player. Thank God for that thing. The doc checked her out and his clan (he had a lot of people with him) decided that the best thing to do would be to take it off. Meaning, SURGERY. They think because of it's size that it most likely won't go away completely and would probably leave her looking a bit hunchback. They said at some point it would need to come off, it is very large and deep, and that doing it now while she's little would be best because she would recover quickly. My husband and I expected that's what they would say. But it doesn't mean we aren't slightly freaking out. The thought of my baby going under and having surgery makes me want to sob, but I'm holding it together. They would be doing the surgery in Boston this January. We will probably be there a few days. Ugh, not looking forward to it :(
- On the 4th, Samantha was Baptized!!! It was such a great day. So many friends and family came out to celebrate with us. It was really special and she looked so beautiful in her dress! The dress she wore was made by my Nana and all of us cousins (as well as a few other people) have worn it. So it's pretty special. There were a few other babies being baptized that day, and Samantha did great! At one point, my husband said to me "How is it all the other babies are crying and ours is not??" Thanks to our parents she had a beautiful reception after. I will post pictures of that soon.
- On the 6th, Sam "voted" in her first election!!! We heart Obama.
- On the 8th, she turned 8 months old! I can hardly believe it!! She is such a happy/smiley baby now! It's so great! She still has her moments, but she has come a longgggg way!
- Sleep has still been pretty rough. As in, I am not getting any. She gets up a few times a night. Trying everything, but I think a big part of this is teething. We did get her an amber teething necklace.
- She has THREE teeth now! TEETH actual TEETH :) And they are sharp! It's so cute because she has the two front bottom ones and then this random one off to the side on top! We call it her "snaggletooth."
- She loveeess her exersaucer!!
- One thing that just melts my heart lately, is that when I sing " You are my sunshine" to her now, she gets this big smile on her face! She recognizes the song now :) Turns me into a puddle.
- I tried those puffs with her the other day, but she is not ready for them yet. Kind of gagged on them and then I felt horrible about it.
- She enjoys hangin' with her baby girlfriends Kaya and Amelia. See pictures of pure cuteness below.
- Nothing much new with me still on the job search and interviewing. Started a diet on Sam's 8 month birthday. Not going too well! But I am trying!
- Looking forward to spending the upcoming holidays with my baby girl! Such dream come true. Christmas can't come soon enough :)
|Amelia and Sam enjoying each other's company|
|My little beauty|
|Hangin' in Amelia's exersaucer|
|Sam and Kaya at her baptism recpetion (we changed her into a "party dress")|
|This is the new cheesy smile she gives us! haha|
|Momma's little turkey|
|"Check out my cool boots."|
|So thankful for this girl.|
|I can't believe I did this to her :)|
So, my little princess is 8 months now. This means in 4 more months, she will be a year old. WHAT???