Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I've taught her to share...

COLDS! :-/



My poor little girl was fighting some type of cold this weekend. Started with a low grade fever, occasional dry cough, sneezing and just super clingy to me. I felt so bad for her. We gave her Tylenol, but the fever seemed to go up a little and by Saturday it was gone. But then Saturday night started again and on and off on Sunday. We thought it could be teeth, but she never got a fever with the other 5 teeth so I really thought this was some sort of cold. Her temp never went over 101.4 but it still was scary. Especially, because I am super  nervous about her getting RSV :( By Sunday she seemed back to her old self, but then I started feeling crappy! And by later on Monday I was a mess. Awful head cold. I guess I should be grateful that this is our first real sickness since the "sickness season" started. When I was working I was sick all the time! I'm just praying this stays a head cold and doesn't go to my chest. Since I have asthma, when a cold goes to my chest it's all over! Bronchitis, antibiotics and neb treatments for me usually. I remember around this time last year when I was pregnant I was SO sick the whole month of January.

It is so hard being sick when you are a Mom. I mean it's hard in general, but it's been brutal since Sam doesn't sleep much. So the sleep deprivation combined with having a bad cold makes for one not too pretty picture. Especially, like just now for instance, she was crying in her crib and I went to go pat her back to sleep and it was so tough because I had to sneeze so bad and there was all kinds of stuff dripping from my nose. So I had to make the executive decision to either keep patting her and get her back to sleep or quick run and sneeze in the other room and get myself a tissue! The patting won out.

I am worried that Sam will catch this cold back. I mean I am around her 24/7 so the odds are not good. And what's REALLY not good, is that we are supposed to leave next Wednesday for Boston. Her surgery is scheduled for Thursday. My husband spoke with the doctor out there and he's worried that she was sick over the weekend and wants her to have another check up with her ped a few days before the surgery just to make sure she is okay. Because if she is in any way sick, they won't do the surgery. Being under and being sick..don't mix..and could cause major or even fatal complications. So of course we are terrified about this! And if she is sick at all, we do not want to risk it. I am worried about sharing this cold I now I have with her! I'm praying she is still healthy by next week, because we really just want to get this over with. But at the same time, we don't want to take any risks. So we will see what happens. And of course we are going to be driving into Boston, which is like the flu capitol of the world right now. Ugh.

So, if you pray, please say a prayer for Sam that she stays healthy and doesn't catch my cold! Thank you!

Today is also my Nana's 91st birthday! AMAZING! Happy Birthday Nana! We love you!


3 comments:

Lauren said...

Praying she feels better and her ped clears her to go to Boston....it would be good to just have the surgery behind you. It is tough to get sick when you're a Mom, there's no calling in sick and generally that just makes it take even longer for everyone to get healthy again. Praying for you guys <3....at least she's good at sharing though right :)

Stephanie said...

You are right, being sick as a mom sucks!! I forgot about the whole bending over the crib hoping you don't drip snot on your baby thing. Gross, but so true. I really hope you all stay healthy so the trip next week can go as planned. Aww, happy birthday to your grandma!

Rebecca said...

Is there any chance it is the dry air in the house that is causing her to catch a cold?