Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Mitts

I've always had small "stumpy" hands. I'm about 5'0 short tall and my hands are small. Yet, as I've been gaining weight they are blowing up into all new proportions! My rings are getting really snug. And they've gone from little sausages to what I'm now calling "my mitts." I used to get acrylic nails put on to "lengthen" the look of my fingers. But that got way too expensive to keep up! So, now here I sit, staring at my mitts. And thinking to myself, "Who cares, you've got a baby in your belly!"

I'm just not going to be one of those women who's body carries pregnancy with grace. And I'm okay with that. I finally had to break down and get new sneakers, because none of my shoes fit my comfortably. I was still trying to rock flip flops on the warmer days and then an old pair of sneakers on the cooler days. Normally I wear a size 7, but had to get and 8 1/2 in the new sneakers! They are a little loose, but much more comfortable and will give me room to grow. And then I have a pair of black high boots that my mom so generously bought me. Even those had to be purchased at a plus size store thanks to my giant calves! Sigh.

Keep growing baby. As long as you are growing, Mommy can deal with all the things that are growing on her! :)

10 comments:

Liz said...

The worst is when our wedding rings don't fit anymore. It's a sad sad day for sure. I love my rings so much I am hoping that I will be able to wear them for a while longer. I am happy to report I am not swelling as much with this pregnancy as I did wit my daughter. The "cankles" are the worst!!!

Jenny said...

Abbey is 5 1/2 months and I still can't put on my wedding rings :( Also my feed went from 6.5 to 8 and they haven't changed back...I hate that I can't wear any of my MANY shoes but it's all worth it when my baby girl smiles at me :)

Beeker's Mom said...

Aw, sausage finger.... :)

I got so paranoid that I took my rings off for the longest time in the anticipation of swelling!

Lauren said...

Aawww swelling and sausage fingers suck! I got them more so post baby than during pregnancy, I think you should go buy some bigger rings at Claire's. I always feel funny going out without them when you're so used to them, so a cheap replacement might help! As for the shoes, I'm still in denial about not living in Hawaii so I say wear sandals as long as possible!!

Good Timing said...

You are right, keep growing baby!! That is what matters. I think we can definitely deal with all the little weird things that will happen along the way. And I'm sure this is only the beginning lol!!! :)

Liz said...

I had no idea you were that short. I am only 5'1'' so I feel your pain. I don't want to hear my shoe size is going to change though! Just keep cooking that baby and everything will be fine!

Samantha said...

My hands were so swollen (my feet too!) and I had pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. I was unable to wear my wedding rings from 5 months pregnant until 7 months post partum! Things did go back to normal eventually. All worth it, of course. Hang in there

mommylynn said...

I'm barely 5ft. You'll be rocking a cute belly for sure. The basketball! The best I think. Sadly there is not much room for us shorties but I did it! My feet started out size 6 and now they are a solid 7 sometimes 7 1/2. I'm 40 now...not having any more babies;( but I remember with my first 20 years ago the wedding ring thing...um yeah..I looked about 12 at 21 and there was no such thing as 16 and pregnant or day cares at the Highschool. I sure got some nasty looks. I just started following your blog:) just had to comment and say you go for us shorties! No where to grow but out!! Can't wait to see your growing belly pics. I don't run across woman my size like ever! And congratulations!! Haven't back read but very happy for you:)

Shannon said...

awww... that's precious. You're getting all your baby junk going on. I love it. That's not a lot of body to put that baby-making meat on so it's got to go somewhere right? Sounds like your legs, feet and hands. haha I always worry about my rings!

Amber said...

You're such an incredibly sweet girl!!! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. It truly is people like you who have made it great. :)

I had to buy gigantic shoes when I was pregnant and even outgrew all of my maternity clothes. Looking back, I probably wasn't the cutest pregnant person but I didn't know it at the time!