Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Santa brought me conjuctivitis...

And an upper respiratory infection...and an ear infection! I totally missed a post for Christmas, but I was too tired and sick to actually post anything. We did have a wonderful Christmas and we were spoiled by our family!! I had started feeling crappy last week, but as we came into the weekend I could feel something "bigger" brewing. By Christmas night I had conjunctivitis in BOTH eyes. Totally gross. It was bad. I won't go into details. By Monday morning, the eye issues combined with the cold and breathing issues (I have asthma) we decided it was time to go to Urgent Care. Both my regular doctor and OB offices were closed. The Urgent care doc told me to start using my inhaler more regularly (even though I'm afraid of hurting the baby) he said if I can't breathe correctly, the baby can't breathe correctly. So I had to get over that fear quick and start using it. I also had a low grade fever. He  has me on this gross ointment for my eyes. 6 times a day for 7 days! And a Z-pack antibiotics. He told me to wait a day or two to start the antibiotics to see if I might start feeling better. But I didn't start feeling better. I woke up at 4:30 this morning with an excruciating pain in my ear. The most pain I've ever felt in my life. I was crying like a two year old. It felt like someone had shoved ten knives into my ear and left them there. 

I thought I was maybe on the mend last night. My sweet husband went out and got me a Vick's steamer/humidifier for the bedroom and breathe right strips. The strips are awesome by the way, totally helped with congestion. So I looked all sexy in bed last night with my eye ointment smeared all over my eyes, the breathe right strip on my nose and the Vick's steamer going! But then I woke up this morning with the ear pain. It was unbearable. So I ran out when the pharmacy opened and got the antibiotics filled. Thankfully, the excruciating pain in my ear has let up but it still hurts a bit. I'm hoping the antibiotics are working their magic on me today. 

I feel so bad for my baby girl. I'm hoping she can't tell what's going on with me. I've heard doctors say before that babies in the womb are kind of like parasites...even when the mom is feeling horrible the baby is still fine and thriving! I'm also worried about all these meds harming her. But I know I need to get better. I just pray she is okay. 

There was so much I wanted to get done this week, but it's just going to have to wait until I feel better. We really did have a nice Christmas!! And we were so grateful to be sharing it with our baby girl. One of my favorite gifts from my husband was a pink bib that says "I love Mommy." My mom and Step dad gave me a really nice new camera which I can't wait to figure out how to use! It will be great for taking pics of the baby! And my Dad and step mom gave us a piggy bank with the baby's name on it. We got so many other beautiful, thoughtful and generous gifts!! And it was especially nice just to spend time with family. I can't wait for next Christmas, it's amazing to think she will actually be here with us crawling around! 

I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas :)


11 comments:

Marissa said...

Get well soon!!

Samantha said...

I'm sorry to hear you're sick! Take care of yourself. I'm sure baby girl is doing just fine!

Rebecca said...

I sort of know just how you feel with the illness except for being pregnant that is. Hope you feel better soon.

Kristen said...

That does not sound fun at all! Hope you get to feeling better very soon!

Lindsey said...

Oh man, rough Christmas, I hope you're all healed up soon! I also got pink eye last week, so so gross. I blame it on my trip to Toys R us for my niece and nephews... the place is teeming with germs!

L said...

Yuck! That sounds awful. Hopefully the medications you are on will do the trick, quickly.

Jenny said...

poor you!!! That sucks!!! Breath right strips are A-MAZING! I discovered them during my pregnancy as well...lots of sinus congestion and they helped me breath!
try not worry about all the meds hurting your baby...they test these sort of things and the sooner you take it the sooner you can stop...get better soon...hopefully NYE will be healthier for you!

Carlia said...

i'm sorry you're so sick. mean ol' santa! he was really on a roll this year, because he brought me a sinus infection, too. :( i hope you feel better soon! get lots of rest and take care of yourself. i'm sure your little one is just fine. :)

Good Timing said...

Feel better my dear! xoxo. Glad you had a lovely Christmas in spite of being so sick!

annie said...

Hey lady! This is going to sound crazy but I've been looking for your blog for a few weeks! Whenever you comment on mine, I can't find you! I'm so happy for you (not the sick part, the pregnant part). Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas despite that.

Liz said...

Oh that is awful! Hopefully you are resting up and starig to feel better!