Saturday, October 16, 2010

Honeymoon Baby?

We just got back from our honeymoon and it was AMAZING :) Just what we needed and more! We went to Sunny Isles Beach in South Florida. Hubby's aunt and uncle own a high rise apt on the ocean there and they graciously let us use it for the week! This place was unreal. Like a penthouse apt out of a magazine. Floor to ceiling windows everywhere! So beautiful. We were very spoiled this week. And we deserved it!! :) We just had a really good time together and it was stress free!! Something we knew nothing of lately! It felt so good to just not think of anything, but us...

And now we are back in chilly New York. But thats ok. Next weekend we move into our new place. Pretty excited about that. Not the moving tons of crap, but the new space part :) We stopped over at the new house when we got back to check on things, and my lovely mother had bought us a new dish set that matched our new dining room chandelier. She also bought a really cool curtain for our kitchen sliding glass door and a bunch of other stuff. She had the kitchen table all set up like a dinner for two with fake daisies (our wedding flower) and our wedding invite framed. Have I mentioned I have the best mom in the world? Seriously. My mother in law had our new grill put together for us too! We are so lucky to have family that are so supportive and helpful. This past week Hubby was saying that he can't wait to teach our kids the importance of "family." Family really is...everything...

I can't say a honeymoon baby wasn't in the back of our minds this week. Because it was. After the IUI last Friday, I told myself I wasn't even going to think (obsess) about it. But Sunday night I started getting some cramping, mild cramps but still it shook me a little. They've continued on and off. And I know this could be a good thing, but the broken part of me still thinks the worst sometimes. I always have been envious of couples who go away on their honeymoons and come back..BAM! Pregnant. Like all they had to do was think it. And maybe, just maybe that will be us too. Except for that fact that there was a lot of thought and medical intervention put into this. Not the classic, too much champagne equation. We'll see next Friday when I go in for my bloodtest! I'm not gonna test at home this time.

Fingers crossed!! :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Glad you had a great honeymoon! I'm sure hoping you get good news on that bloodtest this week. :)