Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love.



*Please take a second to listen to the song above*

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I'm feeling so blessed today knowing I have two Valentines, my loving husband and my little girl in my belly. This is true love...

Last night I just happened to be watching the new show "Smash." And at the end Ivy (one of the characters) sang a song called "Crazy Dreams." It's really a song about show business but I couldn't help but listen to it and think about the struggle of infertility and finally having your dreams come true with a pregnancy. Lately, I've been feeling really sad for a few blogger friends who are going through a tough time. Whether it be another failed IVF, another miscarriage or an adoption that fell through. My heart hurts for them. Because even though each situation is different, the pain is the same for all of them. And I remember that pain very clearly. I just wish I could snap my fingers and put a baby in everyone's arms! I hate to see these girls hurting. It's like a reflection of my own pain that I felt just months ago.

So listening to this song last night got me a little emotional. And I loved the message behind it that even crazy dreams come true. Just last summer I was thinking it would be crazy if our IVF actually worked. And it did. Our dream came true.

Thank God, even crazy dreams come true...

8 comments:

Mrs. H said...

I love SMASH! My husband was the one who insisted we watch it and I'm so glad that he did. I definitely had to relisten to the song from last night. It does parallel this who journey so much.

Liz said...

It is so very true that "Dreams really do come true". Happy Valentine's Day!

Rebecca said...

Happy Valentines' Day

RMCarter said...

Yes, dreams can come true! Happy Valentine's Day!

Candice said...

What a beautiful song! You have such a kind heart :)

Miss Mac said...

It is a dream come true! I was doing Lupron shots this time last year and now I'm looking at a beautiful baby boy... good times ahead for you! Happy Valentine's Day!

Rebecca said...

Sarah, when you get the chance check out my blog I tagged you on it for the quiz.

Caroline F. said...

what a lovely song...thank you for sharing and inspiring!