Friday, February 10, 2012

Sick and Tired

Literally and figuratively.

I'm sick again. Coughing...asthma...all the good stuff...

Last night I felt my airways practically close right up and I had to rush to my neb machine. It was an awful feeling. Then I went to bed early. I had an emergency appt with the pulmonary doctor this morning. It was the first time I met him and I immediately didn't like him. His bed side manner was horrible and he rushed in and out.. I had told him I noticed a pattern that I seem to feel better only when I am taking steroids.  He then put me on Advair, we'll see if that helps. I think Advair has some sort of steroid in it which he said was safer than prednisone for pregnancy.  I'm definitely calling my primary doctor to see if he can refer me to another pulmonary group. As I will not be seeing this doctor again. He might be "book smart" but I just can't get past a horrible bed side manner. That should be the first thing they teach doctors in med school. Seriously.

Maybe I'm becoming more picky about doctor's in my old age or something. But to me they have to have the whole package. Good at their job and a great bed side manner. Is that too much to ask? Maybe. But I don't care.

I also made some calls this morning to find a new OB. After a few rejections and speaking to a few snotty receptionists (another thing that bugs me!) I finally found our new OB and will be seeing them on March 7th. Perfect timing since next week I will do the glucose test at the old OB and the following week I'll get my Rhogam shot...and then I'll be on my way!! I hope this all works out well! The receptionist was really nice, so that's a good start :)

Ok, I'm going back to bed. I was falling asleep in the doctor's office this morning.

Time to get myself well again.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Dang girl, I sure hope you start to feel better soon! I agree, I can't stand docs that don't have good bedside manner. Their staff is just as important though, if I can't even get to the point of meeting the doctor without having a bad taste in my mouth, I'll find someone new. Even if the doc is the best around. Glad to hear you found a new OB!! Check that one off your list!

Lindsey said...

You've had a rough road! I really hope that the Advair works and you can enjoy these last few weeks! I also think docs all need lessons on how to talk to people with compassion.

Rebecca said...

For years I took Advair and it used to work well for me. I hope it works well for you too. Good luck!

Moe said...

You poor thing! You haven't had it easy. I'm glad you found a new OB. I hope you really like him/her. I'm thinking of you!

Liz said...

Oh my gosh, not again! What the heck! You must be freaking out with this sickness crap. Hopefully your OB is fantastic. Fingers crossed for you!

AJ said...

I'm sorry you are sick again!! Hang in there. I hope the advair helps. That's great news about the OB. I can't believe how far along you are!!

Joys Truly said...

I hope the Advair works. It sucks you have been sick so much. Hopefully you are gonna love your new OB. Good luck!

Good Timing said...

Feel better my dear! I wish I could send you a pill that magically made you all better! I'm so glad you found a new OB, that must take a load off you. Rest up my friend!!

ADSchill said...

Dang! I hope this new medicine helps. That has got to be so scary.
I totally know what you mean by wanting the whole package...they should be shoved into a lab somewhere if thay can't handle catering to the public. If you are going to be a doctor, you should have to learn empathy and understanding.
I hope you like this new OB!