Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Girl in the Store and My New Friend Gerard

They each have nothing to do with the other, but it made for an interesting title :)

Yesterday I was in Marshall's looking for a baby gift for my friend who's pregnant with triplets. She's due this summer. And from what I've learned in this blog community, multiples can come early and they usually arrive super tiny. So I was looking for newborn or preemie onesies. Because I'm pretty sure when you have multiples, you can never have enough onesies! As I was browsing the racks of adorable baby clothes, a pregnant woman across the aisle caught my eye. And ears. She was very pregnant and must have been talking to her husband/significant other on the phone...

Pregnant woman: " I can't believe the baby is coming soon honey! I just found the cutest little frog onesie for our little man. Did you get the swing put together? Oh, yay! I'm so proud of you!"

Me: (Envious)

She really was adorable and I couldn't help crack a smile over her excitement. The frog outfit she picked up was actually something I was looking at 5 minutes earlier. I picked it up and said to myself " If I were pregnant with a boy, I would buy this right now!" I've spent so much time in the baby aisles shopping for sweet things for friends and family. I just can't wait till I'm roaming the aisles with a big belly. A pregnancy belly, instead of of just a fat belly....

Someday, I hope to be "the girl in the store."

I received the best surprise in the mail the other day from my friend Moe at the blog Love You A Million. She is so sweet! She sent me a St. Gerard Medal and a wish token for my keychain. I was so excited! You better believe I hooked those babies right onto my keychain! She said her grandmother used to give that medal to women she knew were trying to get pregnant. St. Gerard is the Patron Saint of Pregnant Women/Women trying to get Pregnant. Heck yeah!! I will take all the help I can get :) Thanks Moe!! You made my day.

It's been a short work week, but stressful. Non-work related stress. Sometimes I think the mirror I broke last year, put a curse on my husband and I. Just when we think money issues are getting better, something happens and puts us back at square one. We really feel like we can't catch a break. Plus, we have the IVF and seeds on our mind. What we need is to win a caribbean vacation and sit on a beach for a week! No stress, no problems, just us. Relaxing and enjoying each other's company. Ahhhh. Sounds so nice.










8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you find a way to win the vacation please do share!!!

Moe said...

Awww you're so sweet. I am so glad you liked it!! I really hope it helps you so that you can be that happy/cute girl in the store soon shopping for baby clothes.

Eeeek. It will be so freaking exciting!

Diana said...

Awww one day we will be that pregnant lady at the store =') and that's so sweet of ur friend sending u that thoughtful gift. I have heard of that Saint and actually in the process of ordering a necklace w that pendant or whatever I can find of him. Hoping he will listen to our prayers :)

Marissa said...

You'll be that girl soon, one way or another.

I got your package today--thank you so much! It made me laugh. Have you gotten yours yet? Great minds, is all I have to say. ;)

Faith said...

You WILL be that pregnant mommy and you will SO enjoy it! I am proud that you at least thought she was cute...in my worst days, I probably would have given her the evil eye and stomped away, lol!

And isn't it great to have the support of friends? That is what got me through those ttc and waiting days. I'm SO glad you have that.

Good Timing said...

I hope we all can become that woman in the store one day - that would be fantastic. LEt me know when you figure out how to get that trip! :)

Amber said...

You will always be a better infertile than I have been. You still see the "cuteness" in pregnant strangers! :)

I hear you on the money thing- we keep getting hit with one thing after another lately! It sucks!!!

A m a n d a said...

Those stores are fun but so painful at the same time. You WILL be 'that girl' one day!

What a sweet gift! I love things like that. I might look into getting one myself :)