Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just a spoonful of sugar...

Helps the infertility go down. I love Mary Poppins. It's been on my brain ever since we realized one of the babies in our class can sing that song. Sometimes, I feel like Mary Poppins. Taking care of and loving other people's children. Which I love doing, but sometimes it makes me sad. Will I have any love and energy left for when my time comes to be a mom? I know that sounds silly and I'm sure I will have 10,000 times more love for my own babies, but for now I'm just drained. It would be nice to fly away with an umbrella sometimes.

So, I was reminded today of (what would have been) my BIG ultrasound. The really special one, where you find out the sex. The mom of a little girl in my class is pregnant. And is due two weeks or so, before what was to be my due date. Today, she and her husband dropped off and then were heading to the BIG ultrasound together. I felt a couple of things. Excited for them to find out the news, a tiny bit envious, and big bit sad. I just can't believe that in a few weeks, I would have been that far along. It's just brings back these questions of "Why did this have to happen to us?" Turns out they are having a boy :) I'm a little nervous as to how I'm going to feel come august.

I wonder if anyone has really tried a spoonful of sugar, when trying to get the medicine to go down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I look forward to sharing your journey. And sometimes it would be nice to have an umbrella and fly away.

Kristen and Ben said...

Hey hun,

I can relate a little bit to this post... Tuesday (the 23rd) was supposed to be our 1st OB appointment, which means I would have been 9 weeks now. :o(

Keep your head up though because I love you and I'm here for you!!

xoxo