Sunday, February 21, 2010

Oh, Facebook.

Lately, I've been feeling like the universe is trying to tell me something. It seems like every time I turn around, there's something "baby" related in my face. Or maybe it's been like that all along, and I'm just starting to notice it now with everything that's happened. I don't know. For example, the other night while I was losing brain cells on Facebook, I did one of those stupid "What will happen to you in 2010?" quiz things. I don't really take the answers seriously, but it's just fun to mess around with. So, I took this quiz and it said to please wait while they predict the answer. And I sat there for a good 4 minutes or so, like a little obedient Facebook-er. The suspense was killing me. Well, not really but I was a little concerned as to why it was taking so long. Then there it was, in my face, "We predict a pregnancy/baby for you in 2010." Hmmmmm. Even though, I don't take these quiz results seriously, this result made my heart flutter a little. Ridiculous, I know. It's just Facebook for crying out loud. No need to convince myself that there's a psychic with a crystal ball behind the screen. But it did get me thinking. They make you answer a few questions, obviously trying to determine if you are single or married, etc. And I assume that's how they come up with your result. But you would think that if I said I was not married, they would have given me a reult of "You will be married in 2010" something along those lines. And if I had said I was married, then they would have maybe given me a "baby in 2010" result. I am not married, so it's a little weird and magical to me that they gave me the "Pregnancy/Baby" result. That's right...I said magical. :) I know I'm thinking into it too much! But it's just interesting.

There's something else that has had me weirded out a bit, in regards to the "universe talking to me" business. In my class this year, we have a set of twin girls. They are the cutest things ever. Well, when the new school year started and I met the twins and their mom. The IF girl in me, wondered right away if they were conceived through fertility treatments. Of course, I would never ask, but I ended up figuring it out anyways. Another little girl in my class, her mom is a nurse at an IVF clinic around here. And it turns out they know each other, the twins mom and the IVF nurse mom. So I just put two and two together. Luckily, both these women are super nice, so I have a feeling someday I will asking them for some direction and advice. It's just funny though, that in the whole center, I get the twins and the little girl of the IVF nurse who probably helped in conceving those twin girls.

My honey and I watched some movies tonight. "Couples Retreat" and "The Time Traveler's Wife." Good movies, but stung a little at times. In "Couples Retreat" one couple are struggling with IF. And in "The Time Traveler's Wife", miscarriages galore. Nice. It's tough for me when I'm watching a movie and stuff like that comes up. I physically feel this twinge in my heart. One movie that I love though, is "Baby Mama." It's hilarious and even though touches on IF, it's lighthearted and makes me laugh so hard. Laughter is the best medicine. Plus, "Baby Mama" has a happy ending :)

I should try and get to bed. I've gotten into this habit of purposely staying up crazy late, just to make the weekend last longer. If that makes any sense.

Goodnight universe. Maybe tomorrow I'll tell you about the dream/nightmare I had a few weeks ago...

No comments: