Thursday, February 25, 2010

Point of View

My mom emailed me that she had caught the last few minutes of "The View" this morning, and that the show was all about Infertility. I'm going to watch it online this weekend, just too tired to watch it right now. I'm interested to see what "The View" ladies have to say about it. I have a feeling it was either a good discussion, or maybe the whole segment will just piss me off with ignorant comments. We shall see, what their point of view is...

One of my favorite things to do, when I'm unwinding after a busy day, is to check out what my other IF blogger friends have to say. As pathetic as it might seem, I actually get excited to find new entries show up on my blog dashboard. Who needs a good book or a magazine, when you have interesting, funny, moving, sometimes sad, blogs to read from. Blogs with different points of views at all different stages of this journey. I think we rely on each other and each entry, more than we realize. If someone hasn't blogged in days, we worry about them and hope that they are ok. If we know, they are going in for an important appt, we wish them luck. If we find out they have received sad news or a loss, we cry for them. We give support and advice, at a time when the rest of the world may not understand. I hope my computer never crashes.

We use the abbreviation "IF" which stands for "Infertility." But I think it should stand for something else too, "Incredible Females."

So, my mini yellow rose plant that I bought the other day is already starting to die. I am not a good plant person. And yes, I watered it :) I know my mothering skills will be so much better than my plant skills. I hope God isn't up there saying " Well, I mean she can't even take care of a small plant, how's she gonna hack it with a baby?" Don't worry God, I got this one covered. You just pick one from your baby patch up there and send him or her packin' to us. Please and thank you.

It feels like it's been a really long and busy week. The weather's been crazy. Looking forward to the weekend and relaxing with my love and doing some shopping with my mom.

Oh, and blogging a bit too. From my point of view.

1 comment:

Fertility Chick said...

This was an absolutely amazing post. I needed to read it today. Love thinking of IF as "incredible females."

I didn't see The View but read others' thoughts on it - lots of mixed reviews - I'll be interested to get your take!

I love reading others' blogs too - it is so amazing to hear the multitude of voices writing about a common thread that we share.

Hope that you have a relaxing weekend - and enjoy your shopping time with your mom!!