Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Happy Beta Birthday!

On this day last year we got the best news of our lives. It was beta day! And we were blessed to find out that our IVF was successful...

I remember calling my Mom and Step-dad with the news last year. My Nana and Aunt Janie were up visiting and they were all anxiously awaiting my call as they sat out on the back deck. When I finally called I could hear them all screaming and crying (happy tears!) in the background. It was such a wonderful moment.

Funny enough, on our "Beta Birthday" my Aunt and Nana happened to be up visiting tonight. We went over and had dinner with them to celebrate my Step-dad's birthday (which is tomorrow) and the beta birthday! It was so amazing to be sitting there with all of them (plus Samantha!) on such a special day for us...


Birthday cake I made for my Step-Dad! Rory (Samantha's cousin) is going to be a big sis come November!

My beautiful beta baby!


Beta birthday cupcake!



3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful beta baby - so sweet! I love that you were able to celebrate such a special day with family, and most importantly Sam. :)

Rebecca said...

MMMM...cake!

Kristen said...

I love this post and it makes me tear up thinking back to last year when you found out you were pregnant.... and now look at the BEAUTIFUL little princess you have!!! Ahhhh!!!