Saturday, August 11, 2012

Twins for a day and a future Canadian "Sock-er Mom"

Today, Sam and I headed over to Elizabeth's house for a play date with Amelia. Yes, we purposely dressed them the same. Cheesy, I know. But we just couldn't help ourselves. Twins for a day.

Sam: "I love your play mat Amelia! This thing is cool. And spacious." Amelia: "Thanks! The rents  picked it up for me. I come here to clear my head and get some 'me' time in."






I'm sure if they could talk they would be saying "Really guys?? Matchy match outfits??!  We'll let it slide this one time."
(They were probably also not impressed with the paparazzi that was hovering over them with cameras. AKA Me, Elizabeth, her husband and Amanda)


Samantha was very "hands on" today! She kept grabbing Amelia's dress and her hair! Amelia was very tolerant  of it though :)





                                    
                                     See, I told ya. Hands on.... :) I guess she just loves her little friend so much!


The cherry on top to this play date sundae? Sam and I got to meet another  blog friend in person today!  Amanda had driven down from Canada to visit with some family and then she spent some time at Elizabeth's house! She was so nice (and pregnant...woo-hoo!!!) :) I gave her a little baby gift. A box with a pair of baby boy socks and a pair of baby girl socks (for whichever gender the baby is!) and on top of the box I did the best I could at drawing a Canadian maple leaf. And I wrote something about her becoming a "sock-er mom" soon. :) I am just so happy for her!




And this is just too cute. Sam holding her Daddy's finger at my MIL's birthday dinner this evening. She loves her Dad! My two loves....

6 comments:

Good Timing said...

I totally laughed at your comment on my last post lol! I bet you were confused at first. So glad we shared the same special day! Hard to believe you were due after me and Sam is two months older than my lil man!
Love the girls' matching outfits, super cute! And that's so awesome that you got to meet Amanda. Isn't meeting fellow bloggers cool?? And lovely gift idea you gave her, so thoughtful and sweet! :)

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

Liz said...

How wonderful is it that you got to have a play date with a blogger friend! I have been thinking of Amanda and wondering how things were going. I am so happy to see her pregnany with a big smile on her face!

Stephanie said...

Great pictures, and how fun that you got to meet some bloggy ladies and let the girls play!

A m a n d a said...

Such a fun visit!! E and I realized after you left that we forgot to take a picture of the three of us! Oh well, just another reason for a 'next time' :)

manymanymoons said...

I LOVED watching the girls together. There is seriously no excuse for us not to do it again soon. Give Sam a kiss for me.