Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tastes like chicken?

I'd like to take a minute to thank all the ICLW friends who have stopped by to comment! I was so excited about participating for the first time and now I'm being a total slacker about it. I'll have to do some major catching up this weekend when I'm hopefully feeling a lot better. But it's been great to see all the new faces :)

Last night I had to hit up the local Urgent Care. I've been feeling sick for about 9 days and finally decided it was time to get some antibiotics. After 2 1/2 hours of sitting amongst sick strangers (And right across from a couple with a sick 4 week old baby... which if that was my kid I'd be at the ER in a heartbeat rather than waiting 3 hours to get seen....but who am I to judge.) I was finally seen by the doctor. The verdict: sinus infection, upper respiratory infection and a bleb (?) on my ear drum from all the pressure. So they gave me a Z-pack and told me to pick up some sudafed. I can't really tell a difference yet with the meds, but I'm hoping to feel so much better...SOON!

One of the hardest parts of being sick like this for over a week? Not being able to taste or smell anything. This has happened before when I've been sick with a cold, where I would go a day or two without being able to smell or taste. But this has been 9 days. Not being able to smell? Sucks. But not being able to taste at all? Really sucks. I know I probably sound like a fatty, complaining that I can't taste my food. But it really does suck. I'll be honest and say that I am an emotional eater sometimes. If I'm really sad or stressed I tend to eat more. Bad thing to do, I know. But it's the truth. And not being able to taste anything makes me sort of sad. Like tonight, my lovely husband made a spaghetti dinner with salad and garlic bread. One of my favorite meals. And I couldn't taste a thing :( I think this past week I have cut down on the amount of food I've consumed simply because now I'm just eating to take away hunger...not to taste delicious-ness or fulfill some emotional void (ahem, a baby). I know this is a good thing. Less food equals less pounds. But food can be a happy part of life too...

A friend of mine sent me a link to an article about this little boy that was on The Today Show. When he was four he had come close to death because of an appendicitis scare. He told this story about how he met Jesus and described what heaven looked like. He also said he met is Grandfather and his older sister. The goosebumps part is that the sister, was a daughter the boy's parents had miscarried two years before their son was born. Now, I know some people might be thinking " Yeah OKKKKK, this kid is making this up." But honestly, I believe it. Maybe I really just want to believe it. The thought that maybe someday we will meet the child we miscarried in heaven, makes my heart happy...

The first couple days of Spring here in NY have included snow. Yup. Not really surprised, but still pretty pissed about it. Sunshine does a body (and mind) good. And we would like it back please :)

Nothing new on the bebe front. Today is CD 16. Haven't gotten a positive OPK yet. So we're just in the wait and see mode. I'm usually tardy when it comes to ovulating, so I'm hoping we'll see a positive in the next few days. Hoping as in Please-God-let-me-ovulate-on-my-own-and-create-a-beautiful-healthy-baby.

Not asking too much, right? :)

8 comments:

Liz said...

Visiting from ICLW but also a follower. Sorry to hear you have been feeling so crappy, but I hope the meds help.

I also live in NY and we are predicted to get snow tomorrow...blah. Where in NY are you?

I have a Kindle and read the description about that little boy and his book. If I were more religious I would probably read it since I also miscarried recently, but it did sound interesting. Let me know if you read it.

Hoping you get a positive OPK soon!

Anonymous said...

hey...thanks for the comment on my blog today :) I am sorry to hear you have been sick :( I hope you start feeling better soon and get your postive OPK!! Maybe it's delayed until you feel better :)

Liz said...

I have family who live outside of Albany and we visit them often. I grew up there and moved out to the Syracuse/finger lakes in high school. Did you grow up in the area? Maybe next time I visit we will have to get together for coffee or something. I've never actually met someone in person who has PCOS, just online. Sounds like we have a lot in common!

Jes G said...

thanks so much for stopping by today!! and thanks for following my blog!! glad you liked my list.. gladly i have dug myself out of the hole where only my shell resides...
hoping you feel better soon! i will be following your story :D

Kristin said...

Feel better soon.

And, you know what, I believe we'll meet the babies we've lost in heaven...and, oh boy does that mean I'll be busy.

ICLW #36

Carlia said...

i hope the meds do their job and you feel better soon!!! happy ICLW!

Jill Dorsey || Made with Moxie said...

Sadly, sometimes the ER takes longer than urgent care. We did urgent care with Jane when she needed stitches for her head last month. Maybe it just depends on where you live, too. Feel better soon! Fingers crossed!

... said...

Visiting from ICLW, hope you feel better!!!