Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Are you sitting down??

No? Ok, I'll give you a second to find a comfy (and sturdy) chair. One that you can't fall out of easily. Go ahead, I'll wait....

You good? Ok :)

My head is spinning in circles and my heart is about to explode with a mix of sheer joy, shock and nervousness! We had our appointment this morning. And it went well.....VERY WELL :)

We saw Lil'Miracle's flicker of a heartbeat! I was so happy that I started crying right on the table! Matt and I were just squeezing each other's hand and smiling ear to ear. And then, the most shocking and most beautiful thing happened...

u/s tech: How many did they tell you were in here?
Me: Ummm...just one....just one growing...
u/s tech: Welllll, I'm seeing two honey. You have two growing!
Me: (in shock and crying harder) What? Really? Are you sure? Ohmygod!

That's right girls! As of right now we have TWINS growing! The second one just has a gest sac and yolk sac right now, no heartbeat flicker, but she said obviously it's a few days behind Lil'Miracle and next week we should be able to see the flicker on the second one! OH. MY. GOD.

We feel so blessed today. I was just so happy and grateful to see that heartbeat flicker on Lil'Miracle and then to find out we have TWINS growing??? There are no words :) Now we are just going to pray so hard that they both keep growing and moving along...

It's funny because ever since are first u/s when they found just one, Matt still thought there was two growing. These past few weeks he just had a feeling it was gonna be two. And I kept saying (an perhaps some eye rolling) "Nooo honey, it's just one." And it turns out his feeling was right!!!

Some other news, too. My doctor had put me on light duty for work up until October 20th (through the first trimester). It turns out my work can't accept light duty because we work with little kids and it just wouldn't work out. They don't want to risk anything happening. So I am going to be on disability until mid-late October. I was pretty sad about it at first. We just started new classrooms for the year and I was excited to be getting new kids and working with some great girls, but I'm starting to see the good in this. I'll be able to relax and just focus on growing these babies and not being so stressed. My family comes first and I have to just focus on that and use this time for the health of my babies. A month or two is nothing in the grand scheme of things. It's going to be tough financially, since it's only 60% of my pay. And I don't get paid much to begin with! But we'll work it out and get through it somehow.

I know I've been sounding like a bible hugger lately, but I will never underestimate the power of prayer :) I truly believe prayer is a big part of what has gotten us this far and I'm going to keep on prayin!

Today is a good day :) A very good day...

30 comments:

Moe said...

OHMYGOSH!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! :) That is such fabulous news. So glad you saw the heart beat...and holy cow...I can't believe there are TWO!!

Amazing! I'll be praying for you and the babies :)

Jos said...

Whohoo!! That would help explain the bizarro beta levels - two embryos that implanted a couple of days apart would be at different stages in the doubling zones. So cool!! SOOOO happy you got to see the flicker of a heartbeat too!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

Good Timing said...

Woah!! Even better news than we were hoping for! That's fantastic and I'm so thrilled for you! Grow little babies grow!!!

RMCarter said...

Wha-hoooo!!!! Praying for your babIES! :D

TeeJay said...

Great news! That definitey explains that huge 2nd beta! Congrats!

Emily said...

Such great news for you! Yay!

manymanymoons said...

This is the best news possible. Maybe all those signs you were getting for twins were on the money after all!! Seriously, it's the best news.

Beeker's Mom said...

Oh wow!! So exciting! Congratulations to you and your husband.

L said...

Hooray! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to follow this part of your journey :)

Brittany Ann said...

That's awesome, awesome news! CONGRATS!

A m a n d a said...

HOLY SH*T!!!!! What amazing news!!! I'm so so happy for you Sarah xo

JM said...

Very, very cool. What a ridiculously exciting appointment!!! Now your beta levels seem to make sense- different implantation dates, huh?

Congratulations to the four of you!

Samantha said...

Welcome to the twins club, it's the best!

AJ said...

That's great news!! I'm so excited for you!!

Candice said...

I was hoping there would be more than one!!! This is SO AWESOME!!!! YAYYYY!!!

marg said...

Sarah, that is awesome news. I never use this but, I have to say "OMG". I am so happy for you and Matt. I will miss you at work, but right now, it's all about you and your growing family. Love this!! Prayers as always.

Marissa said...

Awesome!!! Itsy and Bitsy send their love. <3 <3

PS Oct 20 is my birthday, so, you know, anything that happens then is good. Enjoy your rest!

Jamie said...

OMG YAY YAY YAY!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!!:):)

Ruth said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO TWINS HONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joys Truly said...

Sooo exciting! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! Double the blessings for sure :)

Mommy ToBe (I hope) said...

OMG! That's so exciting! Congratulations to you :)

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

AMAZING NEWS!!! Couldn't be more thrilled for you Sarah! This was a great way to end my night. :) Hugs!

Carpenters said...

wonderful and bittersweet news! congrats!

Babydreams2011 said...

CONGRATS!!! What amazing news! I am glad you are on disability to rest and take it easy too!

Faith said...

WOO HOO!!!!!! SO happy for you, hun!!!

ADSchill said...

Welcome to the twin club my friend! That is amazing news and I am so happy for you! I pray that you will see that next little heartbeat very soon!

MissConception

Jenny said...

Just got caught up...this is such great news! So happy you got to see the little flicker and then to find out there is a second sac??? so amazing :)

I know it's not going to be easy but as I said before, I was off for prevenative leave at first too (I'm a teacher too!)...it was wonderful to stay home and be able to relax!!!

Congrats I'm off to ccatch up on your other posts ;)

Andria said...

Oh wow! Congratulations!! I needed some good news today and yours brought a smile to my face. This is wonderful!!