Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Baby Daddy

I'm tired tonight. I was up late last night watching the 3 hour Bachelor finale, baking muffins for the Baby Daddy breakfast at work today, and my asthma is annoying the crap out of me again. As I type this, I have a neb tube in my mouth. We women are awesome at multi-tasking. Don't you agree? But yeah, I'm tired. It was a long and busy day. Every March we have a breakfast for the dads at work. And in May we do one for the mothers. As I was looking around our classroom today at all the dads with their kids, I couldn't help but think of how wonderful my honey will be someday as a "Baby Daddy." I've always wanted my (future) children and their Dad to have a wonderful and close relationship. That's always been important to me, that I choose someone who will exceed every expectation of fatherhood. I didn't get that feeling with my ex, one of a few red flags I suppose. But I just cannot wait for our "someday" baby, to meet it's Baby Daddy...

Today my honey was doing a job in Cooperstown NY, where the Baseball Hall of Fame is. The guy who they were doing the install for, decided to tip them in baseball stuff. He owns a memorabilia store. So, they went in and picked a few things out. My honey picked up a Mets hat for himself and a Mets hat for me. Tonight, when I got home from work he was showing me the hat and said "I almost got something else, they had this really cute Mets baby bottle, and I thought we could put it in 'the box', but I didn't want to make you sad." I couldn't find any sadness in hearing this, because it was possibly the cutest thing ever, but it tugged at my heart a little. Because I know he's a little sad too and that he wishes this never happened. IF and miscarriages hurt the baby daddies too. They may deal with it differently than us, but they feel it too.

I'm finding some humor in the fact, that we are going to have a box full of baby Mets stuff, and no baby. Do we need psychological help?? :) Nah. We are each other's therapists. It's free and it comes with cuddling.

I didn't get to share my thoughts on Brothers & Sisters the other night. Well, what I said was "ouch" and that pretty much sums it up. When rebecca said she felt like her body "let her down" and that she feels so "broken" I had to remind myself to take a breath.

My body has let me down, repeatedly. And I am broken, for now.

But at least we have a box full of baby Mets stuff. This "someday" baby has no chance of becoming a Yankees fan. Or a Phillies fan, for that matter...

2 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

I cried when Rebecca talked Sunday night, too. So painful. I hated that I related to her.

Anonymous said...

Your DH is so sweet!