Sunday, March 28, 2010

Biological Clock Shop


You know what would be fabulous? A Biological Clock Shop in the local mall. It would be so wonderful to be walking along and say, " Oh honey I'll catch up with you, I'm just gonna run into the Biological Clock Shop real quick and look for some youth and a pair of viable eggs. And while I'm in there maybe I'll get my biological clock fixed, because apparently it's busted, probably from ticking too fast." Oh, if only. If only there were such a store...

I am turning 31 in approximately 10 days. And I can already feel my biological clock starting to rust. I know some of you might be thinking "Oh 31 is nothing, you still have time" or "Wowwww yeah, better hurry up there and get your eggs scrambled." Most of us IF girls, have read and heard that 35 is "advanced maternal age" and from then on it can be even more difficult to conceive. But I know that is not exactly true. Anything is possible. I just can't help but buy into the fact that the small window from age 30-35 is well, IT. Turning 30 was kind of fun. Still sort of "young and fresh" but "mature and wise." Now, with 31 breathing down my throat, I'm feeling a little anxious. I have a lot of reasons, for my 31st birthday to be a "Happy" Birthday, I really do. But that one little thing is still missing. And you know what that is. I remember being so excited in December when I figured out how far along I would be at my birthday. It made me so happy to think that I would be pregnant on my birthday. No need for cake or presents, I already had the best gift of all in my belly...

I am a firm believer in blowing out a candle and making a wish on your birthday. There's just some magic to it. There has to be. And this year I'll be wishin' away...

I'm not scared of you, Biological Clock. Too bad I can't get a crocodile to eat you, like in Peter Pan :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

I love the idea of a biological clock store! What a wonderful idea. And I totally hear you on the whole 31 is so young thing. My RE is on one side saying we need to get aggressive, and everyone else is on the other saying there's so much time. I'm hoping you get that special birthday gift!

Brittany Ann said...

If you find that shop, let me know. Maybe we'll get some sort of group discount:)