Monday, March 22, 2010

Film Flashbacks

So, Friday night I was flipping through the movie channels and came upon this 1994 creepfest...

"The hand that rocks the cradle, is the hand that rules the world." Creeeeeppppy!


Man, this movie is so creepy! And I just couldn't stop watching it. I saw it when it first came out, but wow. As I watched it made me realize two things:

1) I may feel crazy sometimes with all the IF stuff, but at least I'm not THIS crazy!

and

2) Never hire a nanny.

Kidding, of course. I know there are a lot of really great Nannies out there. But wow, watch this movie and you'll never want to let your kids out of your sight...


This 1987 flashback film is one I LOVE...



If you've never seen this movie. Drop what you're doing and run to the nearest Blockbuster. Or simply, work your Netflix magic. I have always loved this movie! It's one of my favorites and I could watch it over and over, without it getting old. For all my IF friends out there, the movie also touches on adoption. In a "wasn't-sure-about-you-but-now-I-can't-imagine-how-I-got-by-without-you" sort of way. Put Baby Boom in your plans this week, I promise you won't be disappointed :)

So girls, while we wait for our own baby booms and cradles to rock, keep the crazies away by watching great movies. Movies that make you feel good when they're over. Movies that make you feel better about life. Movies NOT like the crazy cradle robber lady, mentioned above! :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

That seriously was a crazy movie! I loved Baby Boom too. I loved 80's movies!

Anonymous said...

Baby Boom is a great movie!!!!