Monday, March 15, 2010

French Toast and Fairy Tales...

Today was kind of a hard day. I received a nasty-ish email from my ex-husband regarding some "settlement" issues. The nastiness of the email was unnecessary, rude and a bit immature on his part. Confirming, for the 12,075Th time that I made the right decision in divorcing him. I won't get into the details, but the email had me stressed and angry all day. And it made me even more angry, that I allowed the email to make me angry. If that makes any sense. I just felt like he was still trying to control me, even after we are divorced and on different coasts.

All the reasons why I love my honey, shined through today. He gave me the support, encouragement and strength I needed, to bring myself down off the ledge. Even though he had his own choice words, regarding my ex's email, he was able to be level-headed about things. He made me realize that I can be the bigger person in the situation and that my ex is no longer a part of my life, I don't have to let him make me feel like this. He also brought home a rotisserie chicken for dinner (which, I love usually) but I had French Toast on my mind all day. So what did my honey do? He put the chicken in the fridge and made me French Toast, while I showered away the stress (and kiddie germs) of the day. :)

It makes me wonder why sometimes we have to go through not so pleasant things to get to our French Toast Fairy Tales? I wonder why, my honey and I, hadn't gotten together sooner in life? I suppose everything happens a certain way for a reason.

For Valentine's Day I gave him a small heart covered mailbox with a months worth of reasons, of why I love him. A different one each day. Go ahead, barf at the cheesiness of it all. But ironically, the one he opened today read:

"I love you because...I feel like I've been given a second chance at love and life, just by being with you."

I guess my point is, sometimes things aren't perfect the first time around, whether it be love, pregnancies, or any of the other "big" moments in life. Sometimes, you just need to be given that second chance to have your fairy tale.

And if it happens to come with french toast and bacon, well that's just a bonus :)

4 comments:

Amber said...

Great post. Many things in life don't work out the 1st time around. My 1st pregnancy ended in m/c as well, but now I'm 17 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby. I hope that the same is in store for you soon. Can't wait to follow your story!

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

This is a great post! I can so relate. My husband and I say that the song, "God Bless the Broken Road" is our song. It is so true and really fits us. I think I definitely appreciate how wonderful my husband is because my ex was not! Hoping you have more good stuff in store right around the corner!

Anonymous said...

Not at all cheesy!!! I can't think of anything sweeter than getting French toast instead of chicken. Cheers to French toast fairytales!

Michelle said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog and I look forward to getting to know you too! I love this post, I love french toast for dinner and second chances.