Monday, October 17, 2011

A Coke and a smile


Today, I drank a Coke.

Sure, you're thinking..."Who the hell cares, you're allowed a certain amount of caffeine while pregnant!"

But I have been really strict with myself about it. I haven't had any coffee or caffeinated soda in a little over three months!!

I love Coca-cola. I've been craving it. And today while spending a really nice day with my mom, I had a Coke at lunch.

And it was FREAKIN' AWESOME. You know those old Coca-cola commercials where the person, Santa or Polar bear takes a swig and then goes "AHHHHHH"? Well, that's what I did.

I'm taking this as a sign that I'm finally starting to relax a little. Of course, I'm not going to be drinking Coke everyday. Nor will I start injecting it into my veins. But I will enjoy some every once in awhile from now on....


12 comments:

Jenny said...

Good for you! You deserve it :)

Lauren said...

I love the polar bear commercials, and the Santa coke cans that some out at Christmas! Glad you enjoyed your coke! Have you tried the caffeine free regular coke? I'm pretty sure they sell it in a goldish colored box.

Shannon said...

Please don't start shooting it into your veins darling....That's just bad on so many levels. ;) haha...cracked me up.

Chon said...

ha ha i totally have this image of you doing a big ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and licking your lips!

Good Timing said...

Yes, let us start relaxing! I like to have pop every once and awhile. Or slushes! Mmmmmmm. :)

Carlia said...

i have to admit that i've fallen off the wagon, too. i just can't help myself! coke is so freaking delicious!

good for you for treating yourself. :)

Ruth said...

Glad you were able to relax and get your caffeine fix! I'm not a big fan of coke, but I miss my tea. Being strict on myself as well

Faith said...

Coke was a HUGE craving of mine while pregnant and it helped with nausea, I'd have like half a can when it got bad. And once I hit the second tri, I indulged more often:). I STILL drink more coke now than I ever did because I craved it so much when I was pg, lol! So glad you are indulging - good for you:).

A m a n d a said...

I love reading this. Good for you!! Now you have me craving one too :)

Diana said...

Ur post made me go get a coke!! :) no joke! And I just wanna say... THANK YOU!! Lol

Hope all is well w you ladybug! :)

manymanymoons said...

Good for you! Sometimes you just need a freaking Coke (or Pepsi if you so choose). I'm glad it was as good as you remembered. :)

Jill Dorsey || Made with Moxie said...

I hear that! I could have a tap installed in my home.