Saturday, October 29, 2011

Nor'easter? No, thank you.

Well, girls, we are expecting a Nor'easter to arrive today is upstate NY. Lovely. Yup, a nor'easter in OCTOBER. We got some snow here on Thursday which was pretty shocking, but then the sun yesterday melted it all. But now, we are about to get slammed...

I do love the snow...it's so pretty...but not so much in October and not so much if the power goes out. Which  there is a high probability of that happening since the trees are still full of leaves and mixed with the heavy snow is bad news.

I was just thinking last night how back in the 80's we had a big blizzard on October 4th. It was so exciting then, because I was a kid and we didn't have power for a week. School was cancelled and it was just an adventure!! But now, it's not as exciting.

Praying the power stays on!

See you on the flip side...


***Oh! And how could I forget??!! Today I am 14 weeks! Baby is about the size of a lemon and according to babycenter he or she can  now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his/her thumb!***

4 comments:

Jenny said...

love the little widget! 14 weeks is awesome woot woot

I think we are safe from the snow for now even though we aren't that far away up here...
I remember when I was little it seemed like it snowed on halloween almost every year...but haven't see it do that in a long time....

Liz said...

Yup. I live in MA and we are getting ready for the storm. It's crazy!!!

Good Timing said...

Yieks I hope it doesn't snow for you again! No snow here as of yet...I am sure it is coming. :) Happy 14 weeks!! YAY!! :) Time is starting to go by faster now, isn't it? Can't believe I will be 4 months pregnant next week?!

Baby Hopes said...

Moving right along!!! :) Congratulations on reaching 14 weeks!!! Yay!!!