Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Day After

Still in shock. Still so happy :)

And I'm trying super hard to put all my fears out of my mind. I want to enjoy every second of this pregnancy:)

During the day yesterday I was so sad. I just had this horrible feeling that it didn't work. My blood work was at 8:30. Normally they call with results by 11:30. They didn't call me and leave a message until 3:00! They close at 4. So all day I kept thinking that it couldn't be good news if they waited this long to call. I didn't check the message at work because if it was bad I didn't want to be crying at work. But still even after I saw they finally called a horrible sadness came over me. I was in tears on the ride home. My husband met me at home and we decided to check the results online first. I couldn't deal with listening to the message first and having to hear that sad voice of the nurse telling us it didn't work...again. So I sat crying on the couch, afraid to push the lab results button. And then I did...

And our world changed!!! We were both just sobbing and hugging each other. I'll never forget that moment.

We received so many calls, texts, emails, FB comments from friends and family. Yes, we are completely out! And yes even on FB! I don't even care. Like I said, we are going to enjoy every second of this pregnancy. Thinking positively and hoping for the best.

Guess what I did right after we finally listened to the nurse's message? I ran into the bathroom and peed on a stick JUST so I could see the words "Pregnant." :)

When we called my mom she was sitting out on her deck with my Nana and my aunt and my step-dad. When I told them the news they all started screaming and crying!!! It was the sweetest thing and music to our ears.

My friend Lauren also sent me the most fantastic text. It was a picture of her holding up a glass of champagne. And it said " I may or may not have sent my husband out to get us champagne to celebrate your beautiful growing family." How cute is that? My friend Kristen also sent me the sweetest email ever, that I just may have to print out and keep in a baby book :)

So basically, we are feeling so incredibly blessed. I haven't smiled this much in a long time. And thank you all for your comments, the amount of love and support I've gotten from all of you is nothing short of amazing. I promise catch up on all your blogs this week. My head is still spinning! And I'm struggling a little with feeling guilty that this worked for us, when I know there are so many of you out there waiting for your turn! :(

Tomorrow is another big day. It's our second beta! I'm praying so hard that it doubles!!! Pleaseee pleaseeeee double!!!

The question of the day yesterday from people was "How many are in there???!" :)

Please keep growing Little Miracle(s). You are so loved...

ps-Felt my first earthquake today! Crazzzzzyyyy. A friend of our's texted my husband and said " Your news is so big it shook the earth." :)





12 comments:

Moe said...

yay yay yay still SOOOO happy for you!!! Can't wait to hear the results from tomorrow. :)

Chon said...

enjoy every single moment and love it. you totally deserve it. your friends sound gorgeous and total keepers. congrats again!

Candice said...

Can't wait to find out how many! No matter if there is one or many babes growing in there they will be so loved and we will all be so excited for you! I got choked up just reading this post!!

Joys Truly said...

No need to feel guilty, enjoy it all!

Good Timing said...

Of course the numbers will double - continuing to think positively for you!! I heard about the earthquake, that is just crazy! Love what your friend said about it, hehee!! :)

Jos said...

This whole post made me smile SOOO big for you. Praying for a great beta tomorrow!!!

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Thrillllled for you!!! I didn't get to comment yesterday because I was back to my 2nd graders for the first day. But, believe me I checked when I went to bed last night. Just didn't have the energy to comment. I'm just so happy for you, Sarah! Soak it all up! Enjoy this wonderful time. Hugs!

Amber said...

I spent my whole pregnancy with Paisley terrified. I wish I could go back and just enjoy it. Worry won't keep things from happening, so just ENJOY!!! You and your baby(ies) will be just fine.

And I'm so happy for you I could just fall over dead right now!!!

A m a n d a said...

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Just catching up now and yours was one of the first blogs I checked because I was dying to hear. I'm so so happy for you Sarah. It was definitely your time. Enjoy every second...I know you will!!

Jenny said...

shedding tears of joy for you hun! You will never forget the moment you found out...I play it over in my mind all the time when I'm feeling even a little down...it cheers me right up! And yes the first thing I did after was send hubby out to buy pee sticks and I kept doing it for about a week just to see that second line magically appear :P

You have no reason to feel guilty...you've been through more than enough to get here and deserve to be happy...but I know how you can feel sad for so many others who are still waiting for their miracle...it makes me want to cry when I think about it.

I totally understand you wanting to "out" yourself...it took every fiber of my being not to do it online until 3 months but I DID tell pretty much everyone I met in person right away lol

I'm rambling but just want you to know how happy I am for you and how much I'm thinking about you.

P.S. many people felt the earthquake even up here in Montreal...I didn't though...weird :S

RMCarter said...

This post made me all teary-eyed! Can't express my joy. :)

Anxiously waiting your beta results. Hoping for sky-high numbers!

Angela K. said...

woohoo, yay!! congrats on your pregnancy, that's fantastic!!! :)