Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pass the tissues.

Ok, so I'm chalking this up to crazy post-transfer emotions, but did anyone see Oprah today? Of course, it was a re-run but I hadn't seen it before. Let me just paint a lil pic for ya....

I had the tv on mute because I was on the phone and then I was typing away on the computer. I didn't even realize Oprah was on. When I realized the tv was on mute (I always need some kind of background noise, weird I know) I turned the sound on and was kind of excited that Oprah was on. She was in middle of a story about a young couple who lost their three young children in a tragic car accident. It was so unbelievably sad. And I was getting choked up hearing the story. Oprah went to commercial saying "You aren't going to believe this miracle that happened...coming up." Turns out, the couple did IVF about a year after the loss of their children and had TRIPLETS! Two girls and a boy. The children they lost were two girls and a boy. Unbelievable. I'm not gonna lie, I was crying my eyes out. Crying HARD...like can't see anything...glasses fogging up...that kind of cry...

I watched "Tangled" today while I was resting (AKA letting babes settling in). We couldn't find "Bridesmaids" on demand, I don't think it's available yet. I've wanted to see "Tangled" for awhile now. I do love me some Disney movies :) But I found myself crying HARD again at the when Rapunzel is reunited with her parents! It's a freakin animated movie and I was a blubbering mess....

Feeling a little crampy. Hoping these next 11 days go by quickly, with very little tears and tissues :)




8 comments:

Diana said...

:) I get choked up on Disney movies too!! Cars and Toy Story 3 are my weakness ... Seriously.. Pass the tissues.

Awwww hang in there my friend! Thinking of u and hoping these next days fly by so u can get ur lil miracle!!! :) :)

Yay!!!!!

manymanymoons said...

You know I love me some O. I sobbed on that episode too. Is that not the most heartbreaking/inspiring story! Their sadness even still stuck with me. So beyond devestating.

Hang in there... we'll tww it together :)

Anonymous said...

Disney movies make me cry more than most!!!

Lonelily said...

I haven't seen Tangled, but now I will have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

I love Disney!!! And I always seem to cry during Oprah so don't sweat it!!

Rest up and lounge and make a great warm comfortable for the babes!!

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Oh girl, I cry at commercials! My husband says I am a big cry baby and I'm ok with that! I saw that episode of Oprah the first time it aired and it was definitely tissue worthy!
Praying for those babies to get settled and stay put!

Jenny said...

I remember that episode the first time it aired (while I was preggers and hormonal!)...major tear jerker.

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday to congratulate you on the transfer...so here goes CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Sticky super glue for you hun...the wait is hard. keep watching those movies to pass the time!!!

foxy said...

Hi Sarah,
Congratulations on a successful transfer. It sounds like you are taking extra good care of yourself :)
I did catch that O episode, as I was laying down trying to take a nap. I didn't catch the part about them using IVF, but was wondering. I wonder if they struggled with infertility to conceive their other children as well. In any case, what a story. The part that really got me was their pact to not give up - ie not commit suicide. Beyond heavy stuff.
So, Good luck this month! I always loved the tww because it was the closest I'd ever been to actually being pregnant! I hope that you can enjoy it too :)
xoxo - Foxy