Saturday, August 27, 2011

Imposter.

I made an appearance in Target's and Macy's maternity section today. My mom and I went out to lunch and I wanted to pick up a few things. Just more leggings and one pair of maternity jeans. Yes, I know it's super early for all that. But I have been so uncomfortable since starting IVF. And now I have early pregnancy bloat as well. I've literally worn leggings and dresses to work the last few weeks. Shopping in the maternity section wasn't as thrilling as I thought it was going to be. For a few reasons. The first being that I felt like an imposter and "unworthy" of shopping where pregnant people do. I actually felt more anxiety than I did happiness. I was also feeling pretty sick. Really tired and weak and I seem to have a constant headache. So I wasn't a great shopping buddy today. I'm hoping that (God willing) this pregnancy moves along and someday I will love shopping in the maternity section. And actually feel like I belong! My mom bought us a really cute baby name book today, so it's been fun looking through that :) She was so cute too, because she sat in a chair in Barnes & Noble and read this book about pregnancy for awhile, while I browsed.

We are bracing for Hurricane Irene to show up. I really hope the power doesn't go out, but I'm 99% sure that it will...

An earthquake and hurricane all in one week?? Geez.








3 comments:

JackieMac said...

Congrats - I am so happy for you!! Good for you for buying maternity pants now - I waited and waited and finally broke down this past week and got some maternity pants and I am now so comfy - I wish I did not wait so long - so good for you. Be comfy!!

L said...

I felt super uncomfortable when I started shopping for maternity clothes too. I just felt like I didn't belong. Hopefully that feeling goes away for you soon so you can really enjoy this experience :)

Ruth said...

So happy for you! I also have been feeling uncomfy/bloated since the transfer, but especially from Wednesday. Can't wait to read more about your experience, still praying for great results for you on Monday :)