Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Hair Tie

Someone please tell me they had moderate-heavy cramping days after transfer or early on in their pregnancy??? I've heard from a lot of people who said they had cramping early on, but I'm not sure where I should gage the discomfort level of the cramps. Someone else's cramps early on could be wimpy compared to what I'm feeling or vice versa. So it's hard to feel comforted. Although, I do thank you all for trying :) During my first pregnancy when we didn't even know we were pregnant, I remember having cramps and thinking "Ok when am I going to start bleeding?!" But I can't remember if they felt like the ones I'm having now.

I was pretty uncomfortable all day. Yesterday the cramping wasn't so bad. It was light and on and off. Today, it was was a constant uncomfortable-ness. And even the Tylenol wasn't really helping. I am SO scared that it's my period :( But I just keep praying. All. Day. Long. Today I was feeling extra bloated too and I did something that I never thought I'd do "in public." I have gained some IVF weight, so my clothes are a little snuggier. Especially my jeans. Just two hours into my work day I couldn't stand the discomfort of the tightness of my waistband, so what did I do? The old hair tie trick. Which is pretty much disgusting, but it had to be done. I unbuttoned my jeans and looped a stretchy hair tie through the loop and over the button. Go ahead, laugh if you need to :) I had a long shirt on so you couldn't tell the difference. But I knew, and I was disgusted to think I was walking around work with my pants unbuttoned! When I find out I'm preggs on Monday (positive thinking!), I'm immediately going to start wearing maternity pants and that's that....

I do have some moments when I think I am "fo sho" pregnant :) And then other times..............................................not so much :( THIS 2WW IS AWFUL. It would just be even more devastating for me to get my period before beta day. Not sure why, because a no is a no. But for some reason I just want to make it through the weekend.


A friend of mine let me borrow the book "Heaven is for Real." I started reading it today and one sentence really stood out to me. I was praying last night and then I thought to myself "Does He really hear us all?" And a sentence from the book that jumped at me said something like " God hears all our prayers."

Thank you God for (hopefully) hearing (and answering) my prayers. Oh and thanks for hair ties and comfy leggings. Which is what I'll be wearing for the rest of the week :)



11 comments:

Liz said...

Hey a girl has to do what a girl has to do! Wishing, hoping & praying for you.

Jamie said...

Just a silent stalker/cheerleader here. Wanted to say that while I have not been through IVF, a girl I know who had IVF had pretty bad cramping before she found out she was PG and she was sure she wasn't because of how bad the cramps were. Also - I have ready "Heaven is For Real"....OMG...if you anyone has ever had a miscarriage, they should read that book. I will say a prayer for you tonight...even you silent web friends are praying for you!!:)

Anonymous said...

hahaha...after my last IVF I walked around with unbuttoned pants too!! I know one girl who had very bad cramping before being told she was pregs with twins :)

Good Timing said...

I've heard cramping can be a good thing!! Those babies are burrowing their way in there you know!! and as for the pants, you gotta do what makes you comfy! Yoga pants perhaps?? :) When's your beta?? I am on pins and needles for you! xoxoxo

Marissa said...

I am a good friend. I will not attempt to emotionally manipulate you into testing. I am a good friend. I am a good friend. I am a good friend.

The unfortunate truth is, progesterone plays all sorts of evil tricks on your body. Cramping is one of its side effects. Could be from your Crinone/PIO, could be from being pregnant, could (unfortunately) be impending AF. There's no real way to know. :(

What cycle day are you?

I'm really hoping you're pregnant!! <3

Candice said...

I don't know if it's helpful or not but you've been cramping for a while now, I like to think that surely if it was AF she would have for sure come by now. Maybe cramping is just your style? Just four more sleeps! I'll pray they go fast for you!

Lauren said...

Um I did the hair tie thing in the ladies room halfway through my meal at an Italian restaurant last weekend....you do what you gotta do :) Just a couple more days, hope you and M have some distractions planned for the weekend!

Moe said...

I hope Monday comes sooooo fast. Wish I could offer any type of advice...to help ease your mind. :(

AS for the jeans....a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do... :)

Jenny said...

I was soooo bloated...I was in maternity pants very early...it's all the hormone meds...very normal and maybe a good sign :)
everything crossed for you hun! wish i could take away the stress :(

manymanymoons said...

My mom literally taught me that as a young child. It went, eat with a spoon, potty training, walking, hair tie trick. We start em' young in OH. :)

I can't wait until Monday...I so want this to work out.

Mommy ToBe (I hope) said...

I had an IUI on Sunday and I've had cramping off and on every day since. I hope it is a good sign for both of us!

Lots of luck to you!