Friday, August 12, 2011

No pool for YOU.

When leaving the transfer yesterday, the nurse told us to do things that make us happy in the next coming days to keep our positivity up. In the summer, one of my favorite things to do is to lay on a float in my mom's pool. I love the beach, I love the sun, I love laying in pools! So pretty much every weekend during the summer I'm at my mom's house at some point trying to catch some rays on this whiter than white body. And it's just so relaxing, floating on the water, with the sun coming down, looking up into the blue sky....ahhhhh.....

BUT, the nurse told me there will be no pool time for me in the next 11 days. Don't get me wrong, I will most definitely follow orders in the chances that this works! But oooooh it really does hurt. Especially, because the pool is like my zen place on the weekends and it's something I love to do. I kind of don't understand the pool thing though. Are they afraid of chlorine getting up into my uterus? I get the point of no hot baths or hot tubs...but a pool? Hmmm. Oh well. I've accepted it and now I'm moving on. Just had to share my thoughts.

I found a web site that lists what (is supposed to happen) on the days following a 5 day transfer. Thought it was pretty cool....

5-Day Transfer

Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
Embryo Development
OneThe blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
TwoThe blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
ThreeThe blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
FourImplantation continues
FiveImplantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
SixHuman chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
SevenFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
EightFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
NineLevels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy


7 comments:

Jenny said...

suck about the pool but I'm sure you'll find something equally calming to pass the time...just sitting outside in the shade with a trashy magazine might do the trick (I know reading anything that involved too much thinking was NOT HAPPENING at that time...but fluff stuff was good!)

Marissa said...

Totally jealous of your easy-access to a pool! My guess on the restriction would be fear of infection, since your cervix is a bit open after transfer. But that's just a guess. :)

C'mon little embryos--HATCH and implant!!

Lonelily said...

TOTALLY worth not going in the pool! But you should make yourself a strawberry lemonade and sit outside with a good book to get the effect :)

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Boo about the pool! Maybe sit and dip your toes in. That wouldn't hurt would it? We have a pool in our backyard and last summer I was in it every single afternoon. This year, with Ellie and the heat, I haven't used it during the day. Only in the evenings. I wouldn't trade it though! :)

Jes G said...

its such a hard thing to not go in the pool....we have a pool in our backyard and the weekends are spent in the pool... i totally understand. it sucks... hopefully you will find other awesome ways to pass the time
xoxo

Chon said...

It's so hard not to have a swim I always struggle with the no bath! I am a Pisces love my water! But the babies will love some nice warm sun. So jealous wish it was summer here. Thank god winter is nearly over!! For me he he

Ruth said...

Just found your blog through CycleSista. I was also told no pool after transfer, which sucks cuz I have a pool here at my apt and also love catching some sun. But I suppose it is definitely worth it. FX that those little embies implant nice and snug!