Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I love her.

As I was rushing out the door to work this morning, I quickly checked the mailbox. There were two bills and then an envelope from my Nana. I was in such a hurry that I didn't open anything and just put them on the passenger seat of my car. During my lunch break, I opened the letter from my Nana. It was short but so sweet. She just wanted to let us know how much she loves us and how she's praying for us. Enclosed in the letter was a check. A check for $225.00.....

Before I had even read the check, I was tearing up over her note. And then to see that my Nana (who is not wealthy!) send us a large sum of money like that just put me over the edge. I sat in my car and cried. It was just the sweetest, most generous act of kindness. And very much unexpected. She wanted to help out with our treatment expenses because she know's how expensive everything has been. I love her so much! It just really touched me. It was one of those moments where there's nothing to do but to cry and say "Thank you."

Last night was tough for me. I was cramping and started feeling really down. So upset that I took Tylenol and put myself to bed early. I didn't want to think about the cramps anymore. I didn't want to think about "What if it's my period?" So I ate dessert. Took Tylenol. Prayed really hard. Went to bed....

I'm still feeling some cramping on and off. But I'm also feeling some "weird" things. Like a tugging or heaviness in my belly. Some twinges here and there too. Although, I know these could be anything, I'm choosing to think they are baby related :) I feel like it's a longgggg time until Monday's beta. Each day is spent hoping and praying that I don't see blood every time I go to the bathroom. I literally say a prayer every time I step into the bathroom. I'm not sure yet if I'll test at home this weekend. Right now, I'm just taking it day by day and hoping for the best...

12 comments:

Ruth said...

Awww that is so sweet of your Nana! FX the "cramps" you are feeling are actually RPS! :)

Jos said...

How sweet of your nana!! My grandpa did something very similar, and since the check actually arrived the week or our BFP, I called to thank him and told him we'd use it to buy a crib instead. He liked that. :) I hope you get to make the same call!!

Oak said...

That is so dang sweet. :) and just for what it's worth, I had cramping before my BFP as well. Any plans to POAS?

Moe said...

Awwww. That is so sweet. Grandparents really are the best!!

Praying for you every single day!

Chon said...

I love Nan's they are just so adorable when they do things like that. One thing I did last time that saved my sanity is I refused to look "down" when I went to the bathroom. I wouldn't do the TP check and I wouldn't check for red I just closed my eyes and flushed the loo. It did kind of help but this week will suck regardless. The cramping sounds really positive though. I hope they are snuggling in nice and deep.

beauty and insanity wrapped into one said...

Nana is AMAZING!!! i think we are the luckiest girls to have her... shes having Anderson call her Nana, which is such an honor... i'd do anything for that woman.... im glad she knows, and you should make a copy of that check for your scrapbook... i felt the same way, when she sent us $ for Anderson.. we are so blessed... hurry monday, i feel like im the one who's in the 2ww!!! xoxo

Diana said...

how sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!! I wish I could hug Nana right now. :)

ps. this WILL work. this WILL work. this WILL work!! (keep telling urself that!! =)

Anonymous said...

So thoughtful of your Nana!!

I hope all goes well this week and I totally know the feeling of hope for no sings on AF while heading to the bathroom.

My fingers and toes are crossed!

Candice said...

What a beautiful post! I refuse to think this won't work for you - am constantly thinking positive thoughts. I am sure the cramps are just from your babe(s) settling into their new home! Lots of love!!!

Good Timing said...

You grandma is just so sweet. I bet that made your whole week! :)

Lauren said...

So sweet of your Nana!! I love the idea to copy it and put it in a scrapbook!! Less than a week!!!! Thinking of you ALL the time!

Jenny said...

Nanas are the best :) Mine lives in England and I hardly ever get to see her but she still rocks!

Cramps aren't necessarily a bad thing...remind yourself that they can also be good :)