Sunday, August 28, 2011

I'm addicted...

Hi, my name is Sarah (Hi, Sarah!) and I'm addicted to Crinone...

Yes, I have an addiction to my progesterone supplement.


Every time I put it in I feel like I am saving my baby(ies). I feel like I am doing something good for them. So it gives me a thrill like feeling when it's crinone time. Yeah, it's gross and messy. But it makes me feel like I am taking some sort of control of our baby's progress. I'll be terrified when they tell me to stop taking it at some point...

Tomorrow is a big day for us. I am praying to all sorts of God's, Saints, Arch Angels, fertility statues...

To my calculations ( and I'm no math major) our third beta needs to be at least 450. At the very least. It rose only about 90 on the second beta, so if I am a slow riser than it needs to go up at least the same. So I figured it needs to be at least 450 on Monday. Praying that it's much much higher than that though. And we know this u/s is early, but we are hoping to at least see a gest sac and yolk sac...

Hurricane Irene has arrived. Lots of wind and rain. Still have power at the moment in our town. Hope it stays that way! :)

EDITED: Ok, I need a beta of at least 700 according to my blogger friend Tonya. Thanks Tonya! So please God at least 700!




12 comments:

Krista said...

I just went off the progesterone.....it was scary but all is well! I totally know how you feel! Good luck with beta......fingers and toes crossed!

AJ said...

Hang in there!! I'll be thinking about you and praying for you and your baby(ies)!!

Diana said...

Good luck Sarah! Everything is gunna be ok :) I'll b praying for you and that precious cargo u have <3

Babydreams2011 said...

For 73 hrs doubling you need about 700... I am praying it's even higher than that! Just hang in there and keep on shoving that crinone :)! Keeping you in prayers! xoxo!

Krista said...

Sarah-go to the post where you left the comment......where it says "click here to read this post" click on the "here".....that should take you to my blog. You should have access because I invited you!

Jos said...

Ya, you'll def be super early to see a h/b or anything, but I'll be praying that the gest sac is measuring correctly.

Also, since you'll be going in 5 days after your last beta, it actually should go up quite a bit higher than you figured. If you were 224.5 at 18dpo, then by 23dpo (assuming exactly 120 hrs later), a beta of 729 would be just over a 60% increase. I was a creepy math team captain in high school. :)

Stay safe, and I can't wait to hear about your AWESOME beta number tomorrow!

Andria said...

I'm awful with math so I'll just stick to telling you that you'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Fingers crossed for a GOOD beta (whatever the heck that means!).

Marissa said...

I'm just telling you, IN ADVANCE, that you might be a touch early to see a yolk sac. Gestational sac, for sure! But yolk sac at 5w2d could really go either way. So don't freak out!!! It's amazing how tiny tiny everything starts out, and how much things can change in just a handful of days.

I'm excited for you! <3

Jenny said...

I loved my progesterone too lol
it will def be early to see a heartbeat so try to keep that in mind (impossible I know). I had mine at 6wks and was convinced I should have seen one...when i didn't I started bawling like a baby in front of everyone. I had to wait a week for another u/s and it was by FAR the worst week of my life...thankfully it was ok in the end...but I just don't want you to go in there expecting to see a hb cause it was soooo hard for me.

Good Timing said...

Keep hanging in there and of course I am hoping for good a rise in betas for you tomorrow! Stay positive and hopeful and I hope you have a busy day to distract you tomorrow!!

Candice said...

Thinking of you! I am so inspired by your strength, lady!

Moe said...

praying for you girlie! :) good luck in the morning.